Salary: £35,000 plus benefits
Location: Hastings, UK or remote within Europe (preferably UK)
About The Agency
We are a small design and development firm focusing exclusively on Craft CMS and some legacy ExpressionEngine builds.
We design, develop, and maintain websites for multi-national charities, well-known magazines, online shops, and leading construction industry brands.
As an agency we're highly in demand and so are looking for talented new developers to help us serve our customers even better.
- Contributing to the continuous development of our in-house Craft framework MutualKit
- Producing Craft CMS plugins and modules for specific business logic
- Maintaining existing websites
- Creating new CMS structures, fields, etc.
- Implementing provided designs into rich, accessible, fast, future-proof, and valid code
- Contributing to technical specification and pitch documentation
- Configuring the occasional server
- Providing email support via our ZenDesk to clients
- Proficient in PHP and MySQL
- Highly Proficient in the installation and setup of a CMS, including the integration of designs and adding custom developments to it
- High standard of quality assurance and browser testing
- Proficient in Craft
- Good eye for design
- Ability to accurately estimate work and adhere to timelines
- Good communicator, positive person
- Experience with Yii 2
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Vagrant / Homestead / Valet
- Experience with MAMP and LAMP stacks
- Experience with ExpressionEngine
- Experience with Sketch
- You’re passionate about the web and design at large
- You have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable chatting with clients and colleagues
- You have great time-keeping and are well organised
- You’re always learning and building new things to stay at the top of your game
- Your superpower is staying one-step-ahead to stop potential problems happening in the first place
- Remote working
- Flexible hours (including different time zones)
- An annual professional development budget for conferences, devices, etc.
- Meetups and team events (we're planning a long weekend in Iceland in lieu of a Christmas 'party')
- 28 days paid holiday (incl. bank hols)
- Plus your birthday off
- New business referral bonus
About The Salary
Equal work - Equal Pay.
This salary (£35,000) is the same as any other developer within the agency filling the role described above. The salary is defined to be above the average salary for similar roles based in Brighton, UK - which has a higher cost-of-living than our studio's location in Hastings.
We don't adjust salary based on where you choose to live, or whether you have lots of University debt to pay off, age, gender, or anything else. If this salary isn't compatible with your cost-of-living or lifestyle requirements it isn't the one for you.
Send a quick hello email to email@example.com with an introduction and some samples of projects you've worked on and any tales from the frontline on those projects.
Important: This position requires you to be able to get to the office at least a few times a year.