Cosmic is looking to add an outstanding Front-End Developer to join our team in Santa Cruz, CA. We are open to remote employees, but will prioritize local applicants. We seek that rare someone with a strong understanding of developing for the web who also has a careful eye for design.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/Sass(SCSS)/JS
- Exceptional ability to translate designs into semantic, accessible front-end code
- Strong understanding of modern web technologies and workflows
- Strong understanding of mobile & responsive design & development practices
- Solid understanding of GitHub/Version Control and working with a team of developers
- Solid understanding and appreciation for color, typography, and composition
- Ability to work directly with designers to implement designs and provide design feedback if necessary
- Solid understanding of designing in the browser
- Ability to explain your technical recommendations to other team members, Creative Director, and clients
- Solid understanding integrating front-end code with CMS’s (ex: Craft CMS, Expression Engine, Wordpress)
- Ability to work in an iterative and flexible environment
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude, enjoy working in a central, visible downtown location with an open studio space
- Enjoy in-person collaboration and respectful of other team members opinions and perspectives
- A self-starting attitude with the ability to thrive in a nonhierarchical and self-directed organization
- Ability to dive in and learn new things and find solutions to technical problems
- You’ve got to be into beautiful design and awesome user experiences to be a good fit
Nice To Haves
- Experience with modern backend languages (Rails, Python, etc.)
- A deeper understanding of web / UI design.
- Experience (1-2 years) in either a creative agency or the internal development department of an established company
- Direct Experience with Craft CMS
- An appreciation of music, art, the great outdoors, and good food is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- We work a 4-day work week. Enjoy 3-day weekends every week.
- 401k Plan + employer contributions after a year on the job
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Paid Holidays include most major holidays
- The Studio closes for the last two weeks of the year as an additional long paid holiday
- Studio located in Santa Cruz, CA
- Beer from local breweries on tap
- Join a humble, collaborative team with a flat hierarchy
- We’re helping to shape the local design, tech, and coworking communities
- We host monthly events related to design, tech and our local clients, paired with local brewers and vineyards
- We rotate through who gets a turn at hosting, so you’ve got to be okay with mingling and representing Cosmic with crowds of 200+
What We’re All About
Cosmic is a full-service creative agency powered by designers, developers, storytellers, and strategists who create strategically-focused brands, websites, and applications.
Please send a link to your recent work, resume, or GitHub profile and your preferred salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org.