Our web developers are responsible for building and maintaining high quality websites and collaborating with other disciplines throughout the entire project process. They are integral to the success of Mighty Citizen and our clients and are always seeking to improve their own knowledge. This position involves a wide variety of development tasks and will be a versatile and key member of our team.
- Build and maintain full scale websites and web applications using PHP-based content management systems, with preference given to Craft CMS.
- Own the development process for a website from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with User Experience, Project Management, Design, and Sales & Marketing teams to provide input and direction to Information Architecture, Design, and Functional Specifications.
- Handle support and other smaller hourly tasks as they are assigned.
- Help manage the development infrastructure needed for web projects, including hosting, repos, and deployments.
- Assist with internal and external development strategy efforts, including project communication and presentations.
- Produce creative and innovative implementations that meet client and stakeholder goals and requirements.
- Review and improve existing internal systems and development processes.
- Other tasks as necessary to make you and the company more successful.
- 5+ years in the Web development industry with a significant amount of time spent using a PHP-based CMS (preference given to Craft CMS) to build complex websites involving large datasets, custom modules, and custom applications. This includes complete integrations from scratch into fully editable websites, a thorough understanding of the platform, and how add-ons or modules are used to extend the capabilities.
- Experience with responsive frameworks and SASS.
- Experience with Git.
- Intermediate level understanding of PHP and MySQL application development.
- The ability to write custom plugins for Craft CMS when the need arises (nice to have – not required).
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of current industry standards related to user experience and design.
- Experience with Google Docs, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and project management systems.
- A positive attitude with team members and clients.
- The ability to manage time and complete tasks quickly and accurately, with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work independently and to work well with other developers, designers, architects, project managers, supervisors, and clients without close supervision.
- The ability to communicate professionally with clients and staff in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- A history of successfully managing multiple projects and duties in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as project scopes and project proposals.
- Experience leading stakeholders through technical deliverables.
- Able to occasionally work flexible hours to meet client needs.
As a full-time employee of the Mighty Citizen team, you’ll enjoy big-company benefits at a small-company setting. That’s why every Mighty Citizen receives medical insurance along with company-paid dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. A company-matched 401(k) program will complement your competitive salary. Each year, you’ll get a large professional development budget to attend trainings, conferences, and industry events. But perhaps most rewarding of all is our commitment to giving you a creative, autonomous, and collaborative daily work environment — all at our beautiful open offices in Austin’s east side. Working as a Mighty Citizen means growing personally, professionally, and as a team. Apply now!