About Minds On Design Lab
Minds On Design Lab is a small strategic design studio with digital expertise. We’re passionate about elevating small and mighty teams in nonprofits, foundations, and social good companies. We are a fully remote, virtual studio.
Our sweet spot is to serve as an organization’s design and digital team. To be an extension of their internal staff and support their needs from branding, collatoral, events, fundraisers, annual reports, and yes, their website. We believe a website needs to continue to evolve following launch to help an organization stay current with new strategies, needs, content, and opportunities. We serve as monthly partners to over a dozen organizations to provide support and for many within that group deep strategic partnership.
About the position
This role involves helping to maintain, improve, and build websites for amazing and inspiring clients. It combines front-end web development, content management system (CMS) builds, client support via email and occasional video conferences, and more to add value to our amazing clients.
This is a junior level position meaning you have about 1-2yrs of experience in front-end web development and building sites with a CMS. Client facing and/or customer support experience a significant plus. We expect you to learn and grow over time as you learn our best practices, follow our procedures designed to help guide you, and develop your skills.
We are interested to learn more about you if you have:
- Sincere interest in sharing the mission of our client partners
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to work on small website maintenance tasks as well as larger website features and builds
- Appreciation and interest to develop expertise in the tools of our development stack detailed below
- Ability to sweat the details and organize your work and coordinate that of others
- Interest to learn, grow, and contribute to multiple aspects of a design studio including operations, marketing, and quality assurance
- Desire to and experience with working remotely
- Desire to work with a small team/business
What does a Junior Level Web Developer and Coordinator do?
- Advocates for clients needs with their teammates.
- Continued learning, collaborating with teammates, reading articles, listening to podcasts, trainings, online conferences, to develop skills and tactics for self and therefore team improvement.
- Reviews key metrics to reveal successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Helps estimate work to support sales and client coordinators.
- Develops skill in helping to shape technical solutions.
- Follows our best practices and operating procedures for web development and coordinating work. Contributes to our team’s evolution of these procedures over time based on new learning and understandings.
- Develops and advocates for best practices in search engine optimization, website performance, and accessibility. Will conduct and write up audits and recommend changes.
- Fields client support emails that involve websites and related technical tools. Creates tasks, assigns them, coordinates with other team members and clients to see them completed, and logs them in our systems to document and showcase our efforts.
- Develops front-end website templates and configures backend CMS and publisher-friendly content models.
- Helps review website and technical work done for quality.
- Assess and implement code and tools for website accessibility, search engine optimization, and performance.
- Provides support for use of our content management websites including leading trainings, writing documentation, recording screencasts, entering content, and investigating issues.
- Follow our internal operating procedures and be part of the team that helps them evolve with feedback, new ideas, and new learning.
- Learns new technologies and develop/evolve skills.
- Tracks time for all billable work.
- Shares work updates with the team through Slack during the course of the day
- Process and documents work in Notion.so
Technical Work — Works with our stack of web development technologies
Independent Candidates only! — No recruiters, firms, or agencies please. We are only considering candidates inside the US.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, July 13 2022.
Please visit our website and listing for application information at the bottom of the page.