We’re on the lookout for a middleweight or senior developer to join our team. Currently the majority of our team are working from home, but ultimately you’ll have the choice of working remotely or at our beautiful studio in Hayle, Cornwall.
What you’ll be doing:
• Working with our in-house design team to transform creative designs into functional websites.
• Helping to maintain existing sites to keep them fresh, while tackling our clients’ evolving business needs.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for web development.
- You’re at your best when you have a problem to solve.
- You’re keen to keep learning more and always strive to improve on the last piece of work.
- Above all else, you have a strong eye for attention to detail; you sweat the small stuff and take pride in your work.
- Minimum four years’ agency experience in a similar role.
- Strong HTML knowledge.
- Great understanding of modern CSS features and methodologies.
- Well versed in modern PHP
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Adept at managing your own time and deadlines.
- Know your way around build tools such as Gulp and Webpack.
- Can set up and manage the odd server using tools such Forge and ServerPilot.
- Familiarity with building frontends using Craft CMS and Experience with custom Craft CMS plugin/module development are a bonus.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected], along with expected salary, and:
- Links to two websites you have recently built, or heavily contributed to. If there are things you would do differently next time, let us know – it shows you’re able to learn from past experiences.
- If you have links to other code examples, such as your GitHub/Codepen profile, please share them, but this is not a requirement. We understand not everyone wants to have a public presence.
If you’re shortlisted…
If you’re shortlisted for the role we won’t ask you to carry out exercises on a whiteboard (physical or virtual) or explain algorithms. It wouldn’t help us and wouldn’t be an accurate reflection of you, or what you’ll be doing day to day.
Instead, we’ll invite you for an informal chat, during which we’ll be able to get a sense of your past experience, interests, and strengths. We hope to select a candidate within two weeks of the deadline.