We’re looking for a talented middleweight web developer to join our remote team full-time.
You’ll need to wear many hats but most of the time you’ll be doing front and back end development for our Craft CMS sites.
Our main technologies are:
The occasional PHP, App or WordPress project might come in – so you’ll need to be able to adapt and adjust accordingly.
We don’t want you to sit quietly and just do what you’re told – but instead be an active part of the process to make sure we’re building the best product possible.
We welcome applicants of any age, race, gender or sexual orientation to apply. You don’t need a degree or any formal qualifications – you just need to be a great web developer.
You'll be responsible for:
- Building websites with a CMS
- Bringing ideas to projects
- Estimating and managing your time
- Maintaining and supporting our existing sites
- Communicating with and training clients on how to use websites
- Testing and debugging errors across major browsers
- Some light dev-ops including setting up servers, deployment, DNS updates
- Be a great communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Be available in UK working hours
- Be an advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Have excellent HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- Have solid Git knowledge
- Have experience with MySQL & database management
- Have experience with task runners (we use Webpack and Laravel Mix)
- Have experience with CSS preprocessors (we use SCSS)
- Have working knowledge of W3C Coding Standards
- Have working knowledge of UI / UX best practises
- Have working knowledge of the LEMP stack
- Care about writing clean, organised, high-quality code
- Care about web performance
- Be able to estimate and stick to deadlines
- Be good at Googling things!
It'd be excellent if you:
- Know how to use Craft CMS
- Know the fundamentals of SEO
- Know how to use Adobe products
- Have knowledge and use of Google Search Console and Analytics
- Have experience with site speed and performance solutions
- Are in the habit of writing commented code and documentation
Bonus points if you:
- Have ExpressionEngine experience
- Have WordPress experience
- Have dev-ops experience
- Design chops
We’re a team of remote designers and developers who have been making websites for over 15 years, using our skills and experience to help our growing base of clients to get online and get new business from the web.
One good job often leads to another, and that’s how it’s worked with us. Reputation and recommendations have earned us work with local and national businesses, charities, TV personalities and international award-winning musicians, right through to Fortune Global 500 companies.
If you'd like to be part of our remote team, email us:
- Three recent web projects you've worked on
- A summary of your development process
- Your location
- Three reasons why you shouldn't use WordPress
Please send it to [email protected]