BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2014 is looking for a Front-End Engineer in our Downtown Austin office who can help us scale our UI development to the next level.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer passionate about building beautiful, scalable user experiences. This team member will be responsible for collaborating with design and building the next generation BigCommerce user interfaces. Main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app. Will work in a team with the back-end developer, and communicate with the API using standard methods.
What you will do:
- Build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the Front-End domain
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling front end services
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced professional with 5+ years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- You are passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code.
- You have experience working on CMS, Craft CMS or Expression Engine experience is a plus!
- You're not biased toward a specific technology: finding the right tools for the job.
- You enjoy being apart of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers.
- Have knowledge of site speed issues and web application performance
- Experience with Accessibility and building accessible websites
- Experience with building responsive and mobile first development
- Understanding of pattern libraries - Experience w/Internationalization
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) techniques desirable. Experience with UML, requirements gathering, use case analysis and object modeling
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills - collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as necessary
- Agency experience, PHP, GIT or VCS is a bonus!
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from it's offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney. For more information, visit Bigcommerce.com.
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events