The Freelance Full Stack Engineer / Web Developer will lead the back-end creation and development of several initiatives for A/D/O that will launch at the end of / beginning of next year. Applicants should have extensive experience building robust websites with experience extensively modifying content management systems at the root level. Applicant will work closely with the content & communications team at A/D/O and MINI as well as an in-house team of creatives and an in-house front-end developer.
This position is an hourly/contract role.
Work will begin in October through Feb 2020.Approximately 28 hours per week with a competitive monthly / hourly rate.
Position has the opportunity to grow into a full-time role.
Dedicated desk in our professional co-working space.
Required at least 2 days per week in our office in Brooklyn.
- Optimizing and documenting a-d-o.com’s codebase for future development teams
- Speeding up load times across the site
- Developing infrastructure for the building out of new UX architecture and
- Upgrading and streamlining Craft CMS to eliminate time drains for the content team
- Building and implementing an image/content optimization plugin or process
- Assessing different CDN platforms for speedy global content delivery
- Upgrading and updating the asset library for greater utility
- Building out a custom calendar implementation to replace current third-party plugin
- Making recommendations to content and communications team on latest opportunities for site modernization and updates
- Mentoring and supporting front-end developer work
- Supporting with new content module build-outs, custom editorial page elements, animations, transitions, and other front-end elements
- Improving site responsive loads and designs
- Improving general site SEO capability and performance
- Upgrading site to Craft 3.0
- Minimum 7 years working as an agency / tech full-stack engineer or developer
- Extensive experience working with a modular CMS
- Experience with PHP/Twig
- HTML/CSS/Canvas animations and transitions a plus
- Integration with third-party APIs
- Experience with git management (we use BitBucket)
- Comfort with presenting to and explaining decision-making to non-technical stakeholders
- Love and appreciation of design and design principles a major plus