WHO WE ARE
Tempest helps destination organizations be powerful assets for their community. We do this by creating websites that locals can be proud of, providing cloud software that strengthens relationships, and marketing programs that support local communities
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a passionate and creative web developer to join our team. You will work closely with our support, delivery and account services team to update and develop new website features for destinations all over North America.
Our clients websites provide information and digital experiences to diverse audiences all over the world. The majority of our websites are built on Craft CMS , ExpressionEngine and oftentimes will integrate with various other applications and API’s (CRM, Search, Reservations, Events,etc).
You are comfortable working with distributed teams across time zones. We are a fun, passionate team who are passionate about making a positive impact in the communities we support. We are looking for someone who loves keeping their skills fresh, and has a desire to learn and grow as a web developer.
This is an ideal opportunity for a developer who has a broad skill set, enjoys new challenges each day. and of course has a passion for travel and tourism.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WEB DEVELOPER AT TEMPEST
- Work with the support and delivery team to update features on Craft and EE websites.
- Collaborate and communicate with the delivery team to ensure task and project requirements are understood and attainable.
- Be creative with visual front end enhancements to client websites.
- Troubleshoot challenges and resolve issues on client websites.
- Integrate 3rd party tools and solutions into existing client websites.
- Maintain and improve client website performance.
- Write and maintain clear documentation of your work.
- Research and learn new technologies.
- Deep understanding of web standards
- Experience with Craft CMS, ExpressionEngine and Wordpress
- Strong skills in clean semantic HTML5 markup
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS
- Work with source control and workflow technologies including Git, Webpack and CLI tools
- Understanding of accessibility issues and guidance and commitment to making ADA compliant websites
- Experience with developing or consuming RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- CMS Plugin Development
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional communication style in email, phone and in person
- Positive attitude
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Great Center City Philadelphia Location for Philadelphia based team
- Flexible working from home and remote policy
- Travel Opportunities
- 401k Match & Profit Sharing
- Health & Wellness
- Supplemental Life, Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Company Outings
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Work Atmosphere
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Online Training and Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing education
$80,000 - $95,000