If you’re a self-motivated web developer with front-end expertise and a comfort level on the back-end, then we look forward to hearing from you. In this position, you can help influence the technology track for Envision’s Digital Innovation & Design division.
About this Position
- Your projects will range from building CMS websites, general client support, web apps, platform integrations, and internal tooling
- Develop clean and secure production-ready code for front-end and, at times, back-end components of websites and applications
- Build intuitive content management systems and administration tools
- Collaborate effectively in a small team-environment consisting of developers, designers, and project managers
- Provide client support and consultation; communicate your ideas and solutions to clients in a way a non-technical person can understand
- Passion to learn, contribute, and help shape our division’s technical future
- This is a full time, in-house position in Pawtucket, RI. We are not looking for any remote team members or agency partnerships at this time.
- Preferably 3-5 years of web development experience; agency experience is preferred, but not required
- In-depth knowledge of one or more CMS technologies such as CraftCMS, DNN, Contentful, Wordpress, or even your own custom CMS
- Experience with reactive JS frameworks, such as Vue, Angular, or React
- Experience optimizing websites for maximum speed and performance
- Keen eye for design with the ability to translate integrity of UI/UX prototypes to reusable clean code
- Familiarity of back-end programming languages and system administration
- MySQL or SQL Server experience, with ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Efficiency using the command line, as well as CLI tools and utilities
- Demonstrated understanding of task runners such as NPM, Yarn, Webpack, etc.
- Strong knowledge of git; GitLab expertise is a bonus
- Confident developer and team leader, excited by learning and absorbing new technologies!