Title: Web Developer
Reports To: Director of Strategic and Technology Planning
Primary Purpose: Support the company’s strategy to deliver commercially focused and customer-friendly websites. Develop and enhance each of the company’s websites with a strong focus on on-line ordering systems ensuring that overall e-commerce content is current and systems are functioning correctly and efficiently.
Expected Attributes of Employees:
- Positive attitude with a high level of accountability, personal drive, ambition, integrity
- Competent in communicating directly and effectively throughout the organization
- High level of multi-tasking skills, with a strong attention to details and the ability to follow-up on all responsibilities
- Passion for continuous improvement in all aspects of the position and a personal drive toward positive results
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to balance issues emotionally and objectively and empathize with other employee concerns
- Team-oriented customer service spirit with a passion to learn in a fast-paced, goal/deadline-driven atmosphere
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant web developing work experience required
- Prior work experience using applicable software:
- Adobe CC Suite for image and PDF editing - required
- Craft 2/3 and Magento experience - preferred * CRM software – preferred
- Experience with digital marketing & SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Experience with responsive design and cross browser testing
- Experience with managing and working with cross functional web design and development teams
- Experience using implementing API’s to interact with third party services
- Experience with responsive frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of CSS preprocessors such as SASS, LESS, etc…
- Basic knowledge of MySQL or other relational databases
- Familiarity with Git or similar version control system
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, troubleshoot and enhance website features
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Work on existing API integrations with external systems, CMS/CRM/ERP
- Coordinate product landing pages to support marketing initiatives.
- QA testing across various browsers and devices
- Work with partners and internal resources to develop and manage website(s) content
- Cooperate with marketing department to match visual design intent on web and other digital properties
- Analyze website performance, provide regular reporting and insights and find ways to improve website performance and functionality
- Assist in maintenance and continued development of integration solutions
- Assist with social media content to ensure that it ties with e-commerce opportunities.
- Complete all other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- We proudly manufacture, market and distribute of a wide array of innovative and quality products for our customers primarily in the awards, recognition and signage markets.
At Rowmark, we are passionate about making our customers look great!
Founded in 1997, our company has developed into the leader in the markets we serve. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing, warehousing and distribution systems continue to be keys to our success.
Rowmark’s family of companies is headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, where it manufacturers its plastic sheet materials in a new 88,000 square foot facility. Our extensive product line of sheet materials are distributed in over 80 countries around the world.
Rowmark also owns and operates a separate lamination and film business unit in Trenton, NC as well as an additional customer service/distribution centers located in Belgium and Australia. In October 2013, our company partnered with Bertram Capital, staging us for major growth.
We have recently joined forces with several very successful domestic distributors (Johnson Plastics, LaserBits and Bur-Lane), leading to our introduction of Johnson Plastics Plus in 2017 as the leading supplier/distributor to our customers in the engraving, sign-making, awards/recognition, industrial, hospitality, hobby markets. As part of the Rowmark family of companies, Johnson Plastics Plus strives to provide world class service to our customers every day with eleven distributions points throughout the United States.
Job Type: Full-time