WHO WE ARE
Tempest helps destination organizations be powerful assets for their community. We do this by creating websites that locals can be proud of, providing cloud software that strengthens relationships, and marketing programs that support local communities
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a passionate, technical, and creative Web Development Director to join our team. You will work closely with our design, delivery and account teams to build and lead a web development team responsible for building, and supporting websites for destinations across North America.
Our clients websites provide information and digital experiences to diverse audiences all over the world. The majority of our websites are built on Craft CMS and oftentimes will integrate with various other applications and API’s (CRM, Search, Reservations, Events,etc).
Our team is distributed, so you are comfortable working with teams across time zones. You are comfortable with development and product/feature management of our websites as well as mentorship and management of team members. Our creative team is closely integrated with our development process, so an appreciation for best practices UX and design is essential.
This is an ideal opportunity for a leader who is passionate about the open web, web standards, and of course travel and tourism.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WEB DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR AT TEMPEST
- Collaborate with executive leadership on the feature roadmap of our client websites.
- Work closely with the delivery and account team to ensure web projects are delivered on time and at high quality.
- Collaborate and communicate with the delivery team to ensure task and project requirements are understood and attainable.
- Write and maintain internal documentation for best practices and feature specifications.
- Mentor web team members to map out career growth opportunities.
- Troubleshoot challenges and resolve issues on client websites.
- Integrate 3rd party tools and solutions into existing client websites.
- Maintain and improve client website performance.
- Research and learn new technologies.
- Deep understanding of web standards
- Experience with Craft CMS, ExpressionEngine and Wordpress
- Strong skills in clean semantic HTML5 markup
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SAAS
- Work with source control and workflow technologies including Git, Webpack and CLI tools
- Understanding of accessibility issues and guidance and commitment to making ADA compliant websites
- Experience with developing or consuming RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- CMS Plugin Development
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional communication style in email, phone and in person
- Positive attitude
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Great Center City Philadelphia Location for Philadelphia based team
- Flexible working from home and remote policy
- Travel Opportunities
- 401k Match & Profit Sharing
- Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance
- Supplemental Life, Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Onsite Gym
- Wellness Programs
- Company Outings
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Work Atmosphere
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Online Training and Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing education
- Salary Range
$105,000 - $115,000